Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sean Astin

Dear Sean Astin,

Thank you for Goonies. Thank you for Rudy. Thank you for Harrison Burgeron, the Lord of the Rings and the Color of Magic. Thank you for your appearance on Monk... if you knew me you'd know why I found that one particularly delightful. Thank you too for Memphis Belle and War of the Roses.

I've never thought about it before but, you've worked with at least two of my five favorite writers: Kurt Vonnegut and Terry Pratchett. You've done one of my all time favorite kid-adventure movies and one of my all-time favorite sports films. You've done my all-time favorite WWII flick and my all-time favorite spouses trying to kill other spouse film.

I don't know that I always give you the credit you deserve, but if nothing else I want to say... Thank you.

Gratefully yours,
CitizenBuck

No comments: