Monday, June 2, 2008

Day two - Monday before

I rode into work today with the family. We listened to Mermaid Avenue by Billy Bragg & Wilco... which is something you should own if you don't already.


We stopped off at a gas station and checked the tires. Most were fine, but one of them didn't even register. I'll have to keep my eye on that. I forgot to check the spare while I was at it... note to self...


I got to work and planned on working on recon while my workstudy stuffed packets for orientation... but the work study never showed and the mail was too much to allow for Recon.


I spent the entire morning listening to last weekend's This American Life. An amazing episode called the Prosecutor. You should listen to it.


At lunch I started a few CDs for the road. One is an audio rip of a Disney Princess songs for my daughter (finished), another is a TAL compilation for my wife and the last is a mix for the HISHEs.


Then back to the day's mail. Back to This American Life... which was about the 10 commandments... which is odd to me really because we just started studying the 10 commandments in sunday school. We started by taking a quiz in which we were meant to list the commandments in order. I only got 5 right by the way. I'll be downloading this ep.

After work, my family and I took a long walk from one end of campus to the other. It was great, but by the end we were all out of calories and starting to get a bit off.

Back home. Quick dinner. Took my son under the house and showed him how to change the AC filter while he chased cammel crickets (this happens every time I teach him how to do the filter).

Then I cut grass. Everything after that was an exhaustion colored blur.



The List
  • Fix Roof
  • Finish attic
  • light Bulbs
  • Stow bag of outgrown clothes
  • Line son's Floor
  • Fix door frame
  • Return pool
  • Install TV
  • Shop TV adaptors
  • Caulk Tub
  • Fix toilet
  • Mop under the house
  • Paint son's room

No comments: