Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 12 - Thursday

I was getting ready for the morning and I heard something in the hallway. One of my cats is on the ground. He's sobbing, panting, trembling and has lost control of his bowels. I'm not sure what happened but it looks like he may have tried to climb one of the doors.


I can't get him to focus, but I don't think he's concussed... he didn't throw up. I check his legs and ribs and everything seems okay really. He stops panting and crying, but is still unfocused and breathing rapidly. I wander off to try to find a box or something to put him in for the trip to the Vet. When I get back, he stands up and walks away. No limp. He hides under the bed. Takes a nap. I call in late to work... I need to make sure he wakes up okay. Which he does. He stays under the bed, but seems fine. So I go to work exactly one hour late. Traffic is great. I've had time to drink an extra cup of coffee. It's a much better pace really. I'm going to try the hour late thing again sometime very soon.


It's sunny and hot outside... until 4:30. I get home to thunder and lightening and light rain. The rain is pretty light though so I decided to see if I could at least cut part of the front yard. As soon as I start the mower, the rain and lightening stops. I got to cut the front yard. It starts sprinkling again... I decide to see how far I can get in the back. I run the push mower back and forth. The rain is picking up a bit. I finish. Stow the mower in the shed... and the rain stops completely.

It's getting dark outside. I paint my son's room while watching a really bad copy of Day Watch.

I forgot to eat dinner. Noodles.

The List
  • Fix Roof
  • Finish attic
  • Line son's Floor
  • Fix door frame
  • Caulk Tub
  • Mop under the house

No comments: