Friday, June 6, 2008

Day Six - Friday Before

It's Friday.


I'm hitting the road tomorrow. Driving the family to the in-laws. I'm not sure what kind of web access I'll have while on the road, so Saturday & Sunday's entry may be done with pen & paper.


I've got a lot to do to get ready. A CD to finish. A lot of laundry to wash. A bag to pack. A car to clean. Bills to pay. A lot to do.


But work is spent trying to find that missing $1,400.00. I ended up finding a few more errors and an now trying to find $5,600.


That can wait.

I get home and pack. I do not finish the CD, pay the bills or clean the car. I just pack.

We drive straight through. The kids nod off so we end up only having to make one bathroom stop. We watched the Lion King on the road and then nothing else for the rest of the trip. No movie. No music. Just my wife and I chattering away. It's a stressful conversation about dating without a babysitter. I'm horrible at the 10 to 11 PM conversations.

We get to the in-laws at 11 something. The kids are asleep. I'm dead on my feet. Goodnight.

No comments: