Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day eleven - Wednesday

I have a headache, but my heart is in the right place today.

I say good morning to all my co-workers. I get started on my in box. I'm happy to be at work today.

At 10Am I interview the candidate for the assistant position. I need to hire her. My boss is going to hate this.

The rest of the work day drags by.

On the way home, I pick up a Gyro. I place my order and wait outside... I enjoy the sound of thunder. Rain is coming and I still haven't cut the grass. I race home to start before it hits. It's sprinkling... I change clothes quickly. I get a call from the missus as I'm putting on my shoes. She's had a blue day and is on her way to my parents house (which never helps a bad day ever). She's overwhelmed by Father's day and her mother's birthday. We talk. We get a plan. I keep one eye on the clock. An hour goes by and I note that I could've been done by now. We say goodbye.

More thunder and now there's lightening, but still no rain. I don't know what to do. I eat dinner (Gyro, hummus & rice) (my favorite) watch two episodes of the Family Guy and wait until the rain starts. I feel released now even though I coulda done the yard in the time it took to watch the Family Guy. That lightening was close though and I didn't want to take chances.

I pack up the pool and head to Wally world.

They take the pool back. and I pick up painting tape, a few father's day cards, a dr pepper and the DVD for Day Watch. But I feel bad about the Day Watch thing and put it back... Reminding myself that I've got a budget. That wasn't easy I tell you. I truly love that series.

Then I go to Office Depot to recycle some toner cartridges and pick up a pack of DVD-R's.

Back home to get ready for Thursday, but I get a call from my wife who really needs to unpack her day. My parents will do that to you.

I get off the phone after 11. Take some pills, make some coffee and lunch. Put in the Color of Magic and tape up my son's room so I can have it ready to paint when the time comes.

I have no idea when I went to bed.

No comments: