Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 8 - Sunday

My sister came round. More swimming. Some video games for the boys and stuffed animal games for the girls. My sister met my youngest son. That was a powerful moment.

A few minutes after they left, I pack up. I said goodbye to the family. I hit the road.

On the way out, my parents and I got a pizza. They gave me a TV and a Bike and leftover pizza and ... anything else that wasn't nailed down. Parents are funny that way when they get to a certain age.

I'm not sure what to do with the TV. I don't need it. Let me know if you want it.

Anyway, the dog and I drove home listening to Coraline... which is one of my top five favorite books to read over and over again. I've never listened to the book on tape before. It was not as creepy, but still very beautiful.

I got home at 11. Unpacked the car. Fed the dog. Made coffee. Took some pills. Realized that the cats were suspiciously absent and found them locked in my bedroom. A towel had been left on the door nob. Apparently one of them thought it'd make a good toy and shut the door while attacking it. Serves that towel right but I don't know how long they'd been there... I don't think it was very long their food was almost empty and the litter was almost full... but still. I hate to think about what coulda happened.

I put in a movie (and don't know which one) and fell asleep at midnight.

No comments: